Friday, November 16, 2007

Beowulf


I did a paper in college on Beowulf. His story is one of my favorite pieces of literature. In my paper, titled, "The Defense of Grendel", I showed how it was really King Hrothgar, his people, and Beowulf that were the true monsters of the land. I got an 'A'.

And that is what I give this movie as well an 'A'. It was fun to see this epic tale brought to life on the big screen!! The computer animation was superb, and visually stunning. But it looks so real I have to wonder why they didn't just film it live action, and CGI the monsters like the Lord of the Rings.

This is a great movie and if you have any interest in this genre, it is a must see. And even though there were a couple of times I thought I was watching Shrek and expected to see the Ginger-Bread man or Puss-in-Boots, don't load up the kids for this one. Despite being computer generated it is plenty gory and the script is rife with sexual innuendo. Otherwise Check out Hollywood's latest hero, Beowulf!

No comments: