Friday, January 20, 2006

Movie Friday

For my first movie of 2006, I chose Underworld: Evolution. I really enjoyed the first movie, Underworld. Kate Beckinsale (she's hot!) reprises her role as Selene the Death Dealer in this sequel along with her hybrid half-werewolf and half-vampire boyfriend Michael.

The film picks up right where the first one left off. Evolution seeks to expand the unfolding story from the first movie and continues to fill us in on the origins of the vampires and werewolves. As in the first movie, there is plenty of slavering Lycans and biting bat folk, mixed in with nearly as many gun battles as Joan Rivers has had plastic surgeries.

For my part, I think I liked the first movie better. It was a refreshing tale and new perspective on the vampire/wolfman genre. The characters were interesting and the story compelling. The sequal doesn't give us much in the way of anything new save that the master vampire has wicked wings and can fly. I'll probably pick up the DVD to complete the story.

No comments: