Saturday, July 18, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince


Don’t get me wrong, I love the Harry Potter movies, but I don’t think this last one was the best. I get that it was supposed to be rather “dark” but that is not the issue I had with the film. There was just way too much high school romance going on with – one character loves this other character but they are seeing someone else – and the love potions and concoctions, etc. etc.

They could have cut all that out or lessened it, and it would have been much better in my mind. Finally I was a little disappointed with the ending. Apparently in the book there is a huge wizard battle at the end. We got none of that in the movie. Some are saying the film makers got lazy.

This was a “set-up” movie, much like Star Wars Empire Strikes Back. It leaves you wondering “What now?” I will tell you what now. For the final installment of the series, they plan on splitting the last book into two movies! Warner Brothers is certainly reluctant to end its Harry Potter cash cow. So Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part one will come in November 2010 and part two in July of 2011.

If you are fan, then of course you will enjoy seeing the characters on the big screen once again. This film will continue to be successful. Overall I enjoyed the film and loved the performance by Alan Rickman (Severus Snape). He is always fantastic. He draws his words out like a “buzzard pulling at entrails.”

So check out the latest Harry Potter and wear your shoes to bed if you sleep walk!

No comments: