Thursday, July 09, 2009

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen


More robots fighting, more Megan Fox, this super-sized sequel to Transformers is every adolescents dream! What’s not to love?

I enjoyed the film and if you liked the first one, then the sequel is must see material. But there were a couple of problems I had with the movie this go around.

First the language was a bit much. I’m no prude, but it would have been nice if Michael Bay had just made an exciting robot smashing action film and left out the bad language and sexual innuendos. There was a little of that in the first movie, but it wasn’t glaringly obvious like it is in the sequel. My ten year old is dying to see this one, and I can’t take him due to the fact that I don’t want him learning words that should not come out of a ten year olds mouth.

Nothing would have been taken away from the movie if the crassness had hit the cutting room floor. Secondly, Sam’s (I can’t spell his last name) parents were adorable in the first movie. The clueless but attentive parents added the perfect comedic balance to the seriousness (as much as a robot movie can be) of the situation.

In Revenge of the Fallen however, I thought they were way over-the-top. Almost to the point they were just annoying rather than funny. Fortunately John Turturro reprises his role and saves the day with several good laughs!

But those things aside, it was a fun ride seeing the transformers in action again. I wouldn’t be surprised if we will get a third movie. I am sure you already have, but if not, check out Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen!

No comments: