Sunday, February 26, 2006

Think Pink

Ryan has been begging me to take him to see the Pink Panther. So I took him today. I am a huge fan of the original Peter Sellers films and I don't think anyone could replace him. Steve Martin comes close though.

He does a decent job but it doesn't come off as naturally as it did for Sellers. The new film has its moments and Ryan cracked up several times. (ok I did too).

Clive Owen makes a cameo as secret agent 006. I don't know what that was all about.

One thing missing from the new movie was Kato, Inspector Clouseau's martial arts-crazy manservant. They try to include a similar relationship in the new movie with Jean Reno as Martin's partner, but they fail at recreating the chemistry that the original Sellers and Kato had.

Overall it was a fun flick, check it out when it come out on DVD.

No comments: