Monday, December 05, 2005

Is it fun to be you?

At the end of the day when you look in the mirror, do you smile and say, "Gee, It's fun to be me!" If not, what can you do to change that?

It is usually fun to be me, because I try really hard not to be a grown up. You know, to stay young at heart. But doing that sometimes makes me selfish and self centered as I try to surround myself with a barrier of personal comfort. If anything disrupts that personal comfort then it is no longer "fun to be me."

I try and full fill my "grown up" obligations, then I am ready to have fun. Be it hiking, camping, games, movies, etc. I don't want to be tied to schedules, goals that I can't achieve, and meetings I can't make. I want to be spontaneous and a free spirit.

But as I said before, doing that can sometimes run over other people and that is not fair. I need to be more focused on others rather than myself. And during this season of giving, I hope to reflect on that and perhaps be proactive in making sure that it is fun to be me but also it is fun to be AROUND me too.

LOL!

No comments: