Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Computers are EVIL

Computers, and more specifically computer games are massively addictive. I am a huge HALO junkie. Before that it was Mechwarrior.

I spend countless hours pounding the keyboard over and over as I frag and get fragged by faceless enemies. I scream at the screen crying out in anger as my opponents run off with the flag and my lame teammates do nothing to stop them. Why do I keep playing this stupid game all hours of the night? I am addicted. Somebody help me.
A man dropped dead from exhaustion after
playing computer games for more than two days. The 28-year-old South Korean man known as Lee began his online session on August 3 at a cybercafe in the southeastern city of Taegu, reports Reuters. He only budged from playing the "battle simulation games" to go to the toilet and to catch a few z's. After spending around 50 hours online Lee collapsed and died.
So far I have not jumped on the pay-to-play bandwagon with games like World of Warcraft and Everquest, (affectionately know as Evercrack). But this may change next year with the release of Dungeons and Dragons Online. I like the fantasy games like Dungeon Siege, Diablo, and the excellent Neverwinter Nights. Speaking of which, Neverwinter Nights 2 comes out second quarter of 2006. Check out some screen shots here. I'm Doomed.

No comments: