Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I'm Batman!

Alright I admit it. I'm a Gotham City fan boy. What little boy isn't? I collected the comics and even watched the campy Adam West Batman. KAPOW! ZAP! So I was thrilled when I heard they were going to make a Batman movie on the big screen. Starring Micheal Keaton. WHAT? Holy Mr. Mommy! Not Keaton. He's... He's Beetlejuice for goodness sakes! He can not be Batman. Jack Nicholson as Joker? Perfect.

Surprisingly Keaton pulled it off rather well. In fact in my opinion he was the best Batman of the series of Batman films. The ones after Batman Returns were almost as campy as the TV show.

So I was a little skeptical when I heard they (Hollywood) was starting a new set of Batman movies with Batman Begins starring Christian Bale. I again was pleasantly surprised. The new movie was awesome. It was dark, focused, and a decent story. Gary Oldman did a good job as Jim Gordon, same with Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox, Jedi Knight Liam Neeson was excellent as the arch villian, Ra's Al Ghul, and kudos to Michael Caine as Alfred. Katie Holmes was the only character that I thought was miss cast.

Batman Begins is out on DVD today. Buy it!

No comments: