Friday, October 28, 2005

Z is for Zorro!

I enjoyed the long awaited sequel to "The Mask of Zorro" (1998) this afternoon. The new film, "The Legend of Zorro", reunites Catherine Zeta-Jones (Douglas?), Antonio Banderas (He was born for this part), and director Martin Campbell.

I love Zorro. He's like a Spanish Batman with his sword, whip, stirrups, and mask. Tornado, his powerful black stallion is of course the "Batmobile." The sequel was as charming as the first. Catherine and Antonio have great screen chemistry even though early in the film their characters are in conflict with one another. In this film, instead of Anthony Hopkins, Mr. and Mrs. Zorro have a mischievous little boy, Joaquin (Adrian Alonso). He provides some comic relief, but I think Zorro's horse stole the best comedic bit parts. (pardon the pun). The film runs a little long, but with all the excellent sword fights, action stunts, and energetic performances, it is worth it! I will have to rent the first one and watch it again.

I snuck some chocolate into the theater. Is that like downloading music from the Internet? Anyway I got it all over my shirt. Serves me right.

Check out The Legend of Zorro!

3 comments:

"Jet" said...

You are quiet the movie connoisseur!! There are so many movies I want to see that I haven’t seen yet!! I just don’t have the time!

Catherine-Zeta Jones- Douglas and any other name you can squeeze into there is stunning! I enjoy seeing her on camera. I liked her with Sean Connery in Entrapment. She has chemistry with the older dudes! ;o)

-Bill said...

Yeah I miss her T-Mobile Cell phone ads.

"Jet" said...

Ah... those sucked!! But couldn't be any worse than Verizon! I wanted to kick the big screen after seeing him n the corn fields of Iowa! GRR!! Face it, they are cell phones and we NEED them!!!

I believe I recently saw her in an add up this way...