Thursday, October 13, 2005

Yard Work Stinks!

I just got through spreading fertilizer all over my yard, my pants, my arms, and my shoes. I really don't know why. I can hear all the little blades of grass and weeds chanting, "You just wasted 90 dollars at Lowes!"

I hate yard work. I don't have a green thumb. I'm a geek, a gear head, a nerd... ok maybe not a nerd. But I know I don't like gardening. I can stand in the shade doing nothing and I start to sweat like my uncle Andy in church. So I am drenched when I get out in the sun and do something.

I tried to keep the yard up when we first moved in. I seeded, aerated, fertilized, and limed the yard. But the weeds came, the earth is red clay, and sometimes I just couldn't spend the money on grass and weeds. So the yard is what the yard is and at least I can say I tried something today.

Au revoir

No comments: